Just thought I’d post this and see if it’s just me,...



Just thought I’d post this and see if it’s just me, or if anyone else knows what I’m talking about:

When I was around 5yo my absolute favourite TV programme was an anime called ‘Marine Boy’. Yet when anime became popular in the '80s, no-one believed that they had been great TV in the '60s.

I still really remember 'Marine Boy’ well… Oxygum, Splash the white dolphin etc., but since anime became really popular, no-one seems to remember it ever existed. I don’t get it.

And another favourite (I drew his image all over my schoolbooks) was 'Gigantor’. I loved the theme tune, and I used to pretend to be these characters for hours (or Sparky the kid in Gigantor) all the time.

Surely someone must remember them
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJbxociDSz5/?igshid=ra72tm0vnorr


Comments